Food Mood: Elegant
Butter, for greasing pan(s)
2 1/2 cups almonds
1 lemon, rind finely grated
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup sugar
Powdered sugar for dusting
Butter for greasing pan(s) 2 1/2 cups almonds 1 lemon rind finely grated 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon 5 eggs 1 cup sugar Powdered sugar for dusting Brandy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease springform 10-inch pan or two 8 inch cake pan.
- Place the almonds, lemon rind and cinnamon in the bowl of a food processor and process until the almonds are very finely ground.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the eggs and sugar in a large mixing bowl until thick and pale. Add the almond mixture and use a large metal spoon or spatula to gently fold until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan(s) and bake for 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove cake from the oven and set aside on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing side of the pan / removing from pan. Brush brandy on top of cake.
- Cool cake to room temperature.
- Using sifter, dust with powdered sugar.
Equipment needed: Two 8 inch cake pans or springform pan, food processor, and hand mixer.